Pakistan cricket news:
Pakistan off-spinner Mohammad Hafeez has been banned from bowling for a year after his action was found to be illegal for the second time, the international cricket council said on Friday. The 34-year-old’s action had been reported after the first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle last month, but he had been allowed to play on till the assessment results were declared. The assessment, carried out in Chennai on July 6, revealed that Hafeez’s “elbow extension exceeded 15 degrees while bowling and, thus, he employed an illegal bowling action”.
At this report second report has been constituted, he is now automatically suspended from bowling in international cricket for the time period of one year. Again the international cricket council said” Hafeez has been reported earlier during the Abu Dhabi Test against New Zealand last November But in April he was cleared to resume bowling after being tested at the same biomechanics clinic in Chennai. As Hafeez is considered to be a very attacking Allrounder in Pakistan team, he is a big support for Pakistan especially in international cricket. It is not a life time for Hafeez that is he can’t bowl well, this is just a temporary restriction very soon he will marvelously comeback in his perfect art of bowling.
Hafeez is entitled to appeal “any procedural aspect” of the independent assessment that has led to this automatic suspension, the ICC said. “However, only after the expiry of this one-year period will he be entitled to approach the ICC for a re-assessment of his bowling action. Hafeez has made his international debut in 2003, has claimed 52 wickets in 44 Tests, 129 wickets in 163 one-days and 46 wickets in 62 Twenty20 matches.